A Free Family Fun Day Celebrating Playtime in Winter
Whether you love winter or can’t stand the cold, we have something for you. Come revel in the best that winter has to offer at Theodore Wirth Park this Presidents Day. Delight in fun outdoor activities like skiing, snowshoeing, giant puppets, vendor villages, a family fun zone and more!
Warm up in our giant heated tent where you’ll find arts & crafts, community partners, giveaways, music, dancing and more! Together let’s enjoy great food, drinks, and the wonders of winter. It’s time to play!
This Event is Free!
Share Winter PlayDay Activities
- Youth Ski Day and Poster Signing with US Ski Team Members and Rossignol – 10am-12pm (more info here)
- Women’s Ski with Rosie Brennan and Rossignol – 10:30am – 12pm (more info here, RSVP FULL)
- Family Fun Zone
- Food Trucks
- Vendor Village
- On-Snow Gear Demos
- Giant Puppets
- Art Installations
- Nature Cart
- Sauna with 612 Sauna Cooperative! Reservable sessions are available from 8:30am to 3pm at our member-owned, traditional sauna located in front of the Trailhead. In the spirit of this community day, all tickets are pay what you can! Book your seat now
Inside Heated Playday Tent:
- DJ & Dancing
- Arts & Crafts
- Community Partners
- Live Painting
- Free Snacks
- Face Painting
- Temporary Tattoos
Inside Trailhead (for a limited time):
- Athlete Signatures 10-11am
get a free metro transit pass!
Use the link below or click on the image to fill out a short survey to receive a free Metro Transit pass good for February 19, 2024 to attend the Share Winter Playday! Plan your trip here!
Parking: Parking is NOT available at the Trailhead or Chalet lots on Monday
- You can park at Mortenson Parking Ramp off Hwy 55 and Theo Wirth Pkwy (it’s a short walk to the Trailhead)
- Metro Transit Route 7 will be dropping off near the Chalet – Plan your trip here (download your free bus pass here)
- If you live in North Mpls, take advantage of Micro Transit services to get here
- Rideshare can use this address for drop-off: 1301 Theodore Wirth Pkwy, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- We encourage folks to bike and walk in!
Loppet Cup Citizens Challenge
Ski the Loppet Cup Sprint Course!
Monday, February 19 8 am-10:30 am
Sign up for your chance to ski the same Saturday World Cup sprint course used by the world’s best skiers! Do it by yourself or with your friends. Don’t miss the photo ops at the start, finish, podium and in the grandstands (open to the public on Monday)! Here are the details:
- Trails will be reserved for the Citizen Challenge from 8am-10:30am.
- Waves of 8 skiers will start at approx 2 minute intervals (depending on the level of interest)
- Waves will be pre-assigned between 8am-10:30am and posted on the website and emailed to all participants. Please register early to make this easier for everyone, i.e. the creation of the waves as early as possible.
- Sign up for yourself or as a group! Skiers signing up within a group will be assigned the same wave (or consecutive waves if the group has more than 8 skiers). When you register, the first person in your group should create the group. Note that the first person will need to create a password to share with the other members of their group. The remaining skiers in your group will have the option to “join” that group when they register.
- A strava segment will be established so you can compare your times to the world’s best or your friends. Or just cruise the course with your friends and your own imagination. However you want to do it.
- We will have a stadium clock to keep the waves organized but no official timing.
- There will be a bag drop in the stadium if you need to check some warm clothes. Please bring only one pair of skis.
- We will have an official start crew to start each wave!
- Registration is only $15 for a fun chance to experience a World Class stadium and support the Loppet Cup.
- Stick around from 10am-2pm for the Playday community festivities with music, fun family activities, food trucks, vendors and more!
Proceeds from the Citizen’s Challenge benefit the Loppet Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation’s mission, vision, and values. Registration and transaction fees are non-refundable, including in the event of delay, rescheduling, or cancellation of an event or program. An event or program registration is not transferable to another person or another event for any reason, including injury. Participating under another person’s name will result in disqualification. A Note About the Data We Collect
Volunteer at Share Winter Playday! We have shifts throughout the day assisting with the Citizen’s Race and all of the fun Playday activities. Use the link below to register for a shift.
Share Winter Playday strives to have a small carbon footprint and be as sustainable as possible. We are glad to have you here and hope you will join in meeting these goals!